Patio Homes For Sale
Searching for patio homes for sale near you? Patio homes offer a great way to enjoy low-maintenance living, while being just steps away from amenities. These types of residential dwellings provide single story houses and flanked by landscaped gardens and parks. These home communities are perfect for those seeking convenience, peacefulness and comfort in their residence. Find your perfect patio today!
NTREIS data last updated June 4, 2023.
What is a patio home?
A patio home, also known as a garden home, is a type of single-family residence that is typically smaller in size and designed for low-maintenance living. These homes are often built in planned communities or subdivisions and are designed to offer a low-maintenance lifestyle with amenities like private patios or courtyards.
Patio homes are typically designed with a single story located on the ground level. They often have an open floor plan with a compact layout that maximizes the living space while minimizing the overall size of the home.
One of the primary features of a patio home is the outdoor space, which often includes a private patio or courtyard that is accessible from the main living area. This outdoor space is designed for entertaining or relaxing, and may include features like outdoor furniture, a grill, or a fire pit.
Patio homes are popular with people who want to downsize from a larger home, but still want to maintain a single-family residence. They offer the benefits of homeownership with less maintenance and upkeep, making them a good option for retirees or empty nesters who want to simplify their lifestyle.
Where is your favorite patio home community?
We are currently loving the new product being built by Tradition Homes at Mustang Lakes in Celina Tx. Tradition is building a stunning Patio Home product line with a very high standard finish out.
Woodhaven is the perfect place to seek a low-maintenance home, with front yard upkeep handled by the Home Owners Association! Tradition Homes offers patio homes in Mustang Lakes, ranging from 3,000 to 3,600 square feet on 65 foot wide homesites. These spacious abodes come with three big bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and a three-car garage as well as inviting outdoor patios for hosting occasions. Prices start from the reasonably priced $800s.
Why do they call them patio homes?
Have you ever wondered why they're called patio homes? It's because these smaller versions of townhomes or condos are connected to one another, just like a typical row house with porches to the front or back. However, instead of sharing an external part, you have a shared or private patio where the residences come together. This little outdoor space is usually the defining feature of a patio home.
Why are patio homes popular?
- Low maintenance: Patio homes are often designed to require minimal maintenance, making them ideal for those who want to spend less time on upkeep and more time enjoying their home and surroundings.
- Community living: Many patio home developments offer a strong sense of community, with shared amenities and common areas for residents to enjoy. This can be particularly appealing for retirees or those who want to downsize but still have a social network.
- Outdoor living: Patio homes are typically designed to maximize outdoor living space, often featuring a private patio or courtyard. This can be especially attractive for those who enjoy spending time outside, gardening, or entertaining guests.
- Security: Many patio home communities offer security features such as gated entrances, surveillance cameras, and on-site security personnel. This can provide peace of mind for residents who value safety and security.
- Location: Patio homes are often located in desirable areas, such as near parks, shopping centers, and restaurants. This can make them an attractive option for those who want to be close to amenities and entertainment options.
What is the difference between a porch and a patio?
A porch is typically in the front of the home and the patio is in the rear of the home.