3 Car Garage Homes For Sale
Are you searching for a 3 Car Garage Home For Sale in DFW? Well if so, welcome to our list of homes with over-sized or 3+ garages homes in DFW! Many families need a more room for cars due to extended family with cars. Use our state-of-the-art property search, including an interactive map search, to find all of the available 3 car garage homes for sale near dallas.
Included below are homes for sale and real estate from our Home Styles collection.
NTREIS data last updated June 3, 2023.
Pros And Cons Of A 3 Car Garage Home
Having a home with at least 3 garage stalls is a desire of many of our clients. Most clients request a 3 car garage, but some of our clients build a 3, 4, or even 5 car garage on their new home. For our clients that choose not to build there are many existing homes around DFW that have large garages and even separate car barns. These homes were built by car collectors and have the ability to store many, many cars. Some even have elevators to store multiple cars vertically.
Pros of a 3 Car Garage
1. Vehicle Storage - Having the ability to safely store each family members cars and keep them off the street is invaluable. No one wants a street lined with cars and having plenty of storage keeps your cars off the street.
2. Security - In modern society, cars are stolen at an alarming rate. By storing your vehicles in your garage it makes it much harder for thieves to steal your vehicle.
3. Damage Prevention - In Texas we get hail storms and the amount of damage a hail storm can do to your vehicle is astounding. It is far better to store your vehicle safely away, than try to repair your car after a hail storm blows through.
4. Extra Storage - The over-sized aspect of a large garage is typically not another car bay, but a bump out or area used to store everything from trash cans to lawn equipment. Many of our clients also use this area for their hobby room.
5. Resale Value - Having a larger garage brings a higher price and will help your home sell faster due to supply and demand.
Cons of Building A 3 Car Garage Home
1. Price - This is the number one factor against building a home with multiple garage bays. You typically need a much bigger lot, which translates to much more expensive lot.
2. Home Design - A quality architect can integrate your car bays into a beautiful design, but not all architects are effective at doing this.
We recommend building 3 or even 4 car garages on your new home or buying an existing home with them. We have never had a client report back to us that they regret having 'all this room'.
Frequently Asked Questions About 3 Car Garage Homes
Here are just a few of the questions we hear from our clients when they are considering building a home with a larger garage.
Is a three car garage 'worth it'?
Yes, a 3 car garage is a great investment. The resale numbers reflect these home command a higher price and sell faster.
Is a three car garage necessary?
Not at all, but if you can afford one, buy it. Our clients report back to us how much they enjoy the storage and security of a 3 car garage.
Does a three car garage increase a homes value?
Yes, without question a three car garage increases your homes value.
How many square feet is a three car garage?
Three car garages are usually around 700 sq ft. To be more accurate 32 feet wide by 22 feet deep, measuring 704 Sq feet total but they can be larger.
How wide is a three car garage?
Three car garages are usually around 32 feet wide..
How are 3 car garages configured?
A 3 car garage can be configured in a few different ways:
- All 3 bays are side by side
- 2 bays are side by side and one bay is 2 stalls deep (this is called a tandem garage bay)
- A split garage consists of 2 bays side by side and a single 1 bay garage on the opposite side of the home
- A detached garage can also be leveraged to add more bays to the homes garage configuration