Buying A Home In North Texas
If you have been on this site for awhile, you will notice we give a lot of information. We do this because we know the importance of having the proper information prior to making an informed decision. As Buyer Agents, we continue this belief. Acting as your advocates, we can thoroughly assist you through every step of the buying process. Most people don’t buy or sell real estate every day. We do. It’s our business and we believe we can add value to your buying experience because of our experience.
Think About Your Requirements
- How soon do you need to move?
- Do you need to sell a home to be able to purchase?
- Are you renting and is it a lease?
- How long do you anticipate owning your new home?
- Are you open to building a new home?
- Do you have any concerns to discuss?
Get Your Financing In Order
The best way to begin the process of buying a home is to get pre-approved for your home mortgage. The reasons to do this are many. First, you need to know how much you can borrow and then you need to decide how much you want to borrow. We recommend never borrowing the maximum a lender will provide you. You will be much happier in your new home if every penny is not going to the mortgage payment. Second, when submitting an offer to purchase a home a pre-approval letter is required. Without this letter, the seller's will not take your offer seriously. Lastly, it is vital for your family to set a budget and stick to it. This will keep you on track to avoid financial surprises and have a smooth closing.
Determine What You Want
- Maximum drive time | Proximity To Family
- Location | Schools | Neighborhood
- Square Footage | How Many Stories
- Baths | Bedrooms | Living Areas | Media Room
- Lot Size | Acreage | Yard Features | Pool?
Begin Your Home Search
Now comes the fun part, searching for homes and then visiting the homes. Keep in mind that living in an amazing neighborhood with a nice house is much better than living in an amazing home in just a nice neighborhood. It is the old mantra: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
Don't rule out new construction homes, you can learn more about how we help.
Writing An Offer
- After we find a home you are interested in, we determine the market value of the property.
- Once we have a price, we prepare a written offer.
- We contact the seller's agent and begin negotiations.
- Once the offer is accepted, we open title and the option check and earnest money is due.
Schedule A Home Inspection
- We makes sure each home purchase gets an option period.
- This is the time when an inspection is performed and repairs are negotiated.
- We will help you schedule all required inspections.
- We will go over the inspection results with you.
- The average option period we get in Collin County is between 7-10 days.
Notifying The Lender
- We send a copy of the contract to your lender.
- The lender enters the contract into their systems.
- The order an appraisal.
- You will receive an estimate on your costs.
Review Final Documents
- We review all documents and ensure they are accurate.
- We schedule a final walk through of the home just before closing.
- We answer any and all questions before the big day.
- We attend closing with you
- We are there to ensure a smooth closing.
- We arrange for key delivery.
Here is to us working together and finding that forever home!